Data Modelling Research CF
Modelling Research Assistant needed (Summer-Fall 2017)
We are looking for a computer science undergaduate or graduate student specialized in data modelling to participate in the design and creation of a prototype for PoéticaSonora's digital audio repository of sound art and sound poetry in Mexico (see our work-in-progress here: http://poeticasonora.mx). Along with a Concordia University PhD student in Humanities, and supervised by a professor from Concordia's Music Department, the RA will participate in a research group funded through Hexagram's 2017 Research-Creation Grant.
Period of Activity
May-August 2017. Possible extension September-November 2017.
The student must meet the following criteria:
· Experience in LAMP infrastructure development
· Expertise in building and managing object-relational or object-oriented database management systems (PostgreSQL is an asset)
· Good knowledge of open repository software packages (DSpace, Fedora)
· A letter of recommendation from a professor in Computer Science is required
· Level B1 or higher in Spanish language is an asset
· The RA's main functions are to design and develop the repository's prototype according to the metadata scheme used by PoéticaSonora, as well as to give due advice that can improve the digital audio file tagging process. This prototype must be uploaded to a server (provided by PoéticaSonora) by Fall 2017 at the latest.
· Along with the PhD student in Humanities, the RA is also in charge of normalizing and inserting data from PoéticaSonora's spreadsheets.
Part time - 10 hours per week (min. 160 hours, max. 300 hours)
Payment (hourly rate)
$27.14 - Doctoral students
$20.12 - Masters students
$15.67 - Undegraduate students
Students must send their CV, their letter of recommendation, and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 30th, 2017.
An interview with the research group members (online if the candidate is not in Montreal) is required before admission.